Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Underwhelm so he can Overwhelm

January 21, 2015

It was probably this time in my life years ago when Mason was 2 that I had the thought of blogging.  A lot due to the fact that family was out of state and wanted an easy way for them to feel connected to our growing boy, I wanted an outlet for me to express my self, someone (the computer) to talk to during the day while my amazing husband was at work …then life happened. I had another baby, then my mom discovered she had cancer, I discovered I was pregnant again….life happened I got busy.

Now life feels manageable again.  I don’t feel as overwhelmed.  Loved what I read the other day…”God can underwhelm your schedule so he can overwhelm your soul”  So now that I am back at the place where I feel like one of my kids saying  “God, I’m board” I’m not wanting to fill my time for the sake of filling up my schedule.  I love the life that has “happened”  I know that life is constantly changing and I want God to be the one leading.  I don’t want to jump. I want to wait. I want to trust.  I want to clearly hear.  Im excited to take this approach. What is next for me as a mom of  3 boys (8, 5 and 2)  They are my priority.  God don’t ever let me get out of focus.  I know I’m not alone being on the horizon of a “career change” Im happy my boys are growing up, that they don’t need me as much to simply survive now I understand my purpose is more to be here to help them thrive.  SO NOW WHAT!  Yes I know I need to draw near to God, to learn to hear Him more clearly. To pray and talk to him really seek him through the day, be alert and watch for him speaking.  He will direct me! 


Love it when this happens.  Just felt like I should read proverbs 16. 

1  To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. 

3  Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

9  In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. 

20 Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.

21 The wise in heart are called discerning and pleasant words promote instruction. 

31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. 

33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord. 



God is in control. God is Good.  God will speak to me. My plans (His Plans) will succeed.  The Lord WILL determine my steps.  I need to learn how to hear him so I can heed his instruction. Do I really trust him? Are my words pleasant promoting instruction?  Be happy that I am getting older, be thankful for the righteous life God has blessed me with- it’s a Gift from Him!  Don’t worry or stress “WHAT NOW”  Every decision is from the Lord! 


Events of today:

Micah not wanting to do preschool, disobedient, led to spanking

Library story time fire alarm pulled (thankfully not by one of mine)

 and Park with Kim who keeps Alyssa Rose and watches other kids afterschool

Saw Maria with her two after Calvin was picked up from preschool



No comments: