Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 22, 2015

God chooses who he uses and he uses who He chooses.

Mom shared some of her testimony today with our bible study class.  Thankful and amazed that God transformed the lives of my parents and took them from partying pot heads to grace filled,  forgiving, loving people…who still like to have a “high” but stay full on their “Jesus High” 

They didn’t really even begin their journey with the Lord until 33 years old.  And WOW have they done some amazing things with Gods help, guidance and leading. 

Thankful that God set me apart at a young age, gave me to my parents, and made it easy for me to walk the Christian walk.  But the truth is that God chooses who he uses and he uses who he chooses.  Seems natural that God would choose someone like me but it also seems natural that God would choose someone like them too!  God isn’t a respecter of persons hes not concerned with your resume, what you “Think” your good or gifted at… God has chosen each of us.  We are all his children he has chosen us and He is using us.  Where ever we are and whatever we are doing is making a difference because we, the children of God, are there.

Stop undervaluing yourself…You are a creation of Gods!  A creation that he began and is continuing to shape and create.  Surround yourself with others whos shape and “smell” you like. 

Chris and I just celebrated 12 years of marriage last weekend.  We are not the same people we were 12 years ago.  Some of him has rubbed off on me some of me has rubbed off on him and we are becoming even more unified each year.  Love what God is doing and shaping in our marriage…I wouldn’t be me without Chris.  What a gift he is to me.

Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.  

Psalm 25:12 Who, then, are those who fear the Lord? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.

Galatians 1:15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace…

Isaiah 43:18  forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.


No comments: