Friday, March 20, 2015

Gut Issues

March 20, 2015  Upset Tummy

Last night I was laying in bed wide awake with horrible stomach pain…not sure if im just getting old and with age my body forgot how to digest?  Seems like lately I’ve been having gut issues.

While I lay there awake I kept wondering if one of my children was going to have the same feeling and come into my room complaining their tummys hurt too.  Had I served food that had gone bad, did I pick up a germ at walmart, did I forget to wash my hands after changing Ethans diaper?  All these thoughts kept rushing through my mind. 

No one other than myself seemed to feel sick.  I couldn’t pin point anything I had done wrong.  I somehow fell sick.

In my walk with the Lord I have times when I am feeling great, motivated, in touch, spiritually healthy, and then there are other times when I feel distant, like I’m at a loss of even how to approach a quiet time with the Lord.  What did I do to put me in either position?  What did I do to gain these times of Spiritual Highs and Spiritual Lows?

Nothing.  I didn’t do anything. 

What gains my “Spiritual High” is by carving out time to be with the Lord.  When I go on about my day and don’t make a time I find my self at a “Low”  Then when in that Low I need a gut check.  I may not physically have a tummy ach but my heart needs some healing, some rest some fill up on good things from my maker.  I get low much like I car runs low on gas…I may be going but eventually I’ll run out of gas and I can only go so far on fumes. 

Lord refresh today, heal my gut, fill me with you, Renew my mind, transform my soul, bring me to a finial change that I may never have a low.


Romans 12 Therefore, I urge you brothers in view of Gods mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is His good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments: