Friday, February 13, 2015

Nursing Home Valentines Day Party

Singing at the Nursing Home
February 13, 2015

I invited anyone of my facebook friends to join us today as we went to the nursing home (Lake Wylie Assisted Living). 

Micah and Ethan were so excited to go back.  They were practicing bible verses to share on the way over.

Ethan just learned to say the fruits of the spirit (thanks to the scripture songs) Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,  Gentleness and Self Control.

Micah loves to recited Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth! And John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave is one and only son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

We sing traditional songs like Jesus loves me, Hes got the whole World in His hands, I’ve Got the Joy, Deep and Wide, I’m in the Lords Army, This little light of mine.  And we also sing Ethans Favorite “Stop and GO” and Ha La La La (shake a friends hand…)

I love seeing the connection the elderly make with the kids.  I love watching the Elderly play the instruments and get the sense that they are actually making music!  The smiles and joy that is felt in the room is always amazing!  SO thankful for the opportunity to be Light and offer Joy to those who may be lonely.  And I love the reminder I learn from the kids that sometimes the best way to “be” joy for someone else is simply by being you!  The Joy of the Lord is my strength!  WE were made for more than ordinary lives, we were made to thrive.  Joy unspeakable, Faith unsinkable, Love unstoppable….with God anything is possible.


Valentines day was special this year we had our own homeschool preschool party at the nursing home!

No comments: