Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Free Chicken

Free Chicken
February 3, 2015

Today we took advantage of Chickfila’s free 3 count chicken minis and free coffee for costumer appreciation day.  Originally I thought a friend would be joining us but they backed out so just me and Micah and Ethan went.  Ethan didn’t even look at his minis he was just ready to play.  Micah scarfed down the bread, since he doesn’t eat chicken, and was off to join his little brother.  There I sat. Just me. I watched the other moms who had the same idea as me talk with their friends.  I sat alone, sipping my coffee and watched the boys play through the glass of the play place hoping that God would protect them from all of the NASTY germs that breed there.

I looked at my phone a little, eves dropped on some conversations and kept thinking I really should be productive right now I should be reading or doing something  but instead I just sat there.

I read the verse of the day from my Bible App 
Psalm 5:11-12 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 102: 28 the children of your servants will live in your presence; their descendants will be established before you.

Psalm 69:36 the children of his servants will inherit it, and those who love his name will dwell there.

My morning, even though I was surrounded with people, felt lonely.  Then I was reminded that God has given me His inheritance and that daily I can live in His presence.  And when I choose to dwell with Him, and love Him I can always be glad and joyful, not for my benefit alone but for my children, my descendants as well. 

Lord help me to Love your name.  Your name is great, mighty, powerful, understanding, loving, generous, forgiving, compassionate, joyful, true, faithful…may I never be tempted to listen to the lies of the enemy.  For I am a child of God, I am never alone.  You have spread your protection over me.  May I know that whatever place I am YOU have put me there and are protecting me.  I desire to always recognize your blessings.  May I get a deeper understanding of how your favor is surrounding me like a shield. 

God can use anything to get you to stop, be still, today for me he used free chicken and a disgusting play place.



No comments: